I have been in the same situation as you are many times, searching for good alternatives to HostGator. I got sick and tired of the slow WordPress dashboards, the oversold servers and the high vulnerability to malware. You might have observed that initially, everything goes great with a hosting provider but later on it all gets disturbed while they still keep on promoting their good reviews. You might be well-known to this situation if you are finding good alternatives to HostGator and just like rest of the people; you have experienced the frustration of not able to find what is wrong with your site and the absolutely bad support tickets!
Originated in 2002, HostGator has been the best player in the web hosting niche for a relatively long time. The company has been awarded for its efficiency and popularity as a web host, most likely for its several easy-to-use features. One of the best things about them is that different plans offered by them have something for all, right from your level of experience or how developed your website is.
They have been well-known for offering one of the quickest and easiest options for website publication. Despite their high price, the features offered by HostGator such as web hosting with both Linux and Windows, easy-to-use cPanel, marketing credits, 99.9% uptime guarantee24/7 customer support and many other services that are great for web development are worth.
Possible reasons that force someone to look for a HostGator alternative:
HostGator’s shared hosting is highly vulnerable to hackers:
HostGator is now termed as one of the most unsafe webhost as hackers can easily access and spoil your hosting account. Many people say that their websites have been hacked several times when they used HostGator services.
On the other hand many people’s experience with MilesWeb and A2 Hosting was always safe and secure.
Facing unexpectedly poor support
HostGator’s support team is failing to offer the appropriate support day by day. Their present team is not half as good as it used to be in the past. They don’t offer instant support on Live Chat. They take almost 30 minutes to take up the chat after you initiate. If you place a support ticket, it may take approximately 48 hours to get your query resolved.
Less support staff to deal with a very large customer database
Since HostGator has been popular among its competitors for several years, it has built a huge customer database and possibly it would be for shared hosting. To manage these many customers, it was expected that HostGator will expand its support team to maintain reliable support. But this didn’t happen and so, the support staff became extremely slow.
Script installer crowded with advertisements
You might have used the script installer such as Softaculous, Fantastico, etc. HostGator has a clean script installer earlier but currently it has become similar to an ad centric website. This is because they sell WordPress related stuff at the Script Installer page.
No Integrated Backup-Restore facility
Here, the point is about cPanel integrated backup-restore tool. Since this tool is not able to schedule backups and even can’t restore backups with one click, it is virtually of no use. Automatic backup and restore is one of the key features in web hosting. HostGator doesn’t offer this feature.
Top Alternatives to HostGator:
Indian-based, MilesWeb was founded in 2012 and has always moved forward since then, trusted by 9000+ customers till today. Providing different types of Indian hosting services such as shared, VPS, dedicated and cloud, MilesWeb also offers some amazing and upstanding WordPress hosting plans starting at Rs.69/mo and their cPanel hosting plans start at Rs.99/mo, very few competitors are able to beat! However, don’t misunderstand that “low prices, low quality” as MilesWeb ensures that it doesn’t compromise on its quality and features, without considering the price.
Great uptime, speed, and excellent customer support are the company’s priorities. It offers user-friendly features that make it ideal for both beginners as well as professionals. Yet, a word of caution! You will only be able get the benefit of pricing if you pay annually for a plan, instead of monthly. Also, if you select monthly plans, then you need to renew frequently.
Some of the features offered by MilesWeb include:
- Free Domain Name
- Free SSL Certificate
- Free Site Builder
- Pure SSD Storage
- Secure Email Accounts
- 1-Click Installer
- Malware Scan & Removal
- Instant account setup
- Latest PHP & MySQL
- Datacenter choice
- Free website migration
- MilesWeb offers an uptime guarantee of 99.95% with their Tier-3 and Tier-4 datacenters.
- World-class customer support service with a team that has good experience in Linux and Windows administration, cPanel and Plesk control panels, virtualization technology and migration of servers.
- All of MilesWeb’s plans offer high-performing SSD servers, regardless of the price.
- Security add-ons such as Malware Scan & Removal and SSL Certificate free of cost.
- Free website migration.
- Affordable pricing (Rs.999/Yr for the “Lite” plan, Rs.40/Yr for the “Deluxe” plan, and Rs.2999.50/Yr for the “Ultimate” plan).
- MilesWeb offers a money-back guarantee of 30 days.
- Customer support reachable via live chat, phone and email.
- Website Backup and Restore feature is paid but starts at just Rs.99/mo and your website backup is taken daily.
Bluehost is again one of the best web hosting providers. What make it unique are Cloud sites, Bluehost refers to its Cloud hosting solution which is a significant improvement over other cloud hosting solutions, including HostGator Hosting Coupon. Apart from this, Bluehost also offers other hosting services such as shared hosting, WordPress hosting, WooCommerce hosting (along with management support).
The company is considered to be the best as it performs regular daily backups, even for the shared hosting accounts. One thing to note is that the promotional price on the low-cost shared hosting does increase after the promotional period. But still Bluehost earns points for providing 24*7 phone support and SSH access for certain plans.
Some of the features offered by Bluehost include:
- Powerful Control Panel
- Security & Access Control
- Advanced Email Hosting
- E-Commerce Optimized
- Programming Support
- State-of-the-art Datacenters
- Dual Quad-Core Xeon powered Servers
- Domain Name Feature
- Bluehost offers scalable infrastructure with 99.9% uptime guarantee.
- Advanced optimization for email and E-commerce hosting that includes support for SMTP, POP3 and IMAP as well as osCommerce, CubeCart, Zen Cart.
- 24*7 customer support via live chat, email and phone.
- 1-click Installation for almost every application with all their shared hosting plans.
- Free SSL certificate.
- Unmetered storage and bandwidth as well as unlimited email accounts with all their shared plans.
- 30 day money back guarantee.
- It charges an additional fee for site migration service.
- Their plans start with Rs.209/mo for Standard, Rs.299/mo for Business, Rs.399/mo for Pro and Rs.499/mo which are high as compared to MilesWeb.
- They take website backup after every 5 days.
A2 hosting encourages you to take your website to a next level. They offer blazing fast web hosting and cover all types of businesses right from low traffic websites, brand new blogs to business sites. The company takes a pride in mentioning that it is a company by the developers for developers, no matter which hosting you choose.
The Lite plan of shared hosting is deal for personal website as it is cheap and reliable, and comprises of all the essential features to keep your site running all the time. They use solid state driver servers that help in boosting your page’s productivity and gain visitors’ attention regardless of the device, visitors use for browsing. Whenever your website grows bigger, A2 Hosting immediately gives you an option to migrate to a more powerful package.
Some of the features offered by A2 Hosting include:
- UnlimitedStorage and Unlimited Transfer
- Free SSL and SSD
- 9% uptime guarantee.
- Anytime money back guarantee
- Free website migration
- You get up to 20 times faster page load with the Turbo server option.
- Expert and friendly support team is available 24/7/365 to help.
- The team moves your site to A2 Hosting, free of cost.
- You can claim for refund if you aren’t satisfied with their service at anytime.
- Ultra-reliable servers that offer 99.9% uptime guarantee.
- Their plans start with Rs.280.92/mo for Lite, Rs.351.23/mo for Swift and Rs.667.66/mo for Turbo which are high as compared to MilesWeb.
- They haven’t mentioned about the backup they offer on their website.
Coming to the conclusion, you can see that MilesWeb offers shared hosting at affordable prices as well as essential features required by your website. No doubt all three offer the fastest hosting service, MilesWeb is the winner here as it has only one con and that too can be neglected if you buy the Website Backup and Restore feature.